SALMA HAYEK BIOGRAPHY

SALMA  HAYEK

' I   have  stolen  a  couple  of hearts   and  they  are  in  my  private  collection  '!

BIOGRAPHY

The  amazing  Salma  Hayek  was  born  on   September  2nd  1966  in  the  oil   boomtown  of  Coatzacolcos,  Mexico . Hayek  has  freely  admitted  that  she  and   her  brother  Sami  were   spoiled   rotten  by  her  well   to do   Lebanese  Mexican   businessman  father  and  her  Mexican  born  opera  singing  mother .  After  having  seen  Willy  Wonka  and   Chololate  Factory  1971  in  a  local  movie  theatre ,  Salma  decided  she  wanted  to  become  an  actress.  Her  education  included   a  stint  at  a  New   Orleans   convent  school   where  she  pulled  pranks  on  the  nuns  by  setting  their  clock  back  three  hours. She  was  soon   expelled  . Only  after  attending  Mexico  City  Universidad  Iberoamericana  did  she  feel  ready  to  purse  acting  seriously.

FILMOGRAPHY


In 1991, the ambitious Hayek moved to Los Angeles, determined to improve her English and become a Hollywood actress. After small gigs, she landed a role opposite Antonio Banderas in 1995's Desperado. The success of the film garnered her work in relatively lackluster movies, including the teen thriller The Faculty, 1999's Wild Wild West and 1997's Fools Rush In. Subsequently, Hayek became engaged with smaller, independent pictures and started her own production company, Ventanarosa.
Hayek's increasingly intellectual and passionate approach to filmmaking culminated in her dream role in 2002'sFrida, in which she both produced and starred. The film was nominated for six Academy Awards, including a Best Actress nomination for Hayek, who was the first Latin actress to be nominated in the category.
Large-scale projects followed the success of Frida, including directing 2002's The Maldonado Miracle, starring in the final episode of the Desperado trilogy, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and appearing in the heist thriller After The Sunset with Pierce Brosnan.
PERSONAL  QUOTES

I keep waiting to meet a man who has more balls than I do.
I act tall!" "But look how short I am...I can't even act to be tall. I'm five-two. I can't even create the illusion that I am tall!
At the beginning [my career] was hard. People were like, 'Who is this Mexican jumping bean?'

"In my twenties I was offered lots of parts where there wasn't much to do but act sexy. I still get offered those roles - but now I take it as a compliment." Woman's World (7-11-06)
About Madonna: "She always paid attention to the Latin community. I was grateful somebody like her appreciated our culture" (InStyle magazine, Sept 2006).

If a man lets all of my dogs sleep in the bed with us, then that is the most romantic thing. You must love my dogs in order to love me. A man who is nice to my animals and doesn't shoo them away - well, that's the height of romance.
It sounds trite to go after men who are nice but when you've been hurt a lot it becomes appealing.